20 January 2014

Piping hot!


This Sunday the Alph decided to start his Argus Cycle Tour Training so he didn't join us for our walk, but Pauline, Sue and Honey did - and also our human brother Phil. We decided to do a gentle stroll, through some beautiful Australian flowering gums (which the Food Lady loves even though she knows they shouldn't be here),
and along the Pipe Track.
Sue, Honey and Pauline. It was lovely and shady and cool to start with,
 (Phil looking cool near a dead, burned gum tree)
with a Southeaster wind blowing over the top of Table Mountain.
So many paths to choose! I was confused. We went up a bit,
and I was a bit depressed to read this as it was getting hot and I am really out of condition.
But luckily the Lad found a tea spot not far along,
and we stopped for a welcome cuppa and some Sue biscuits and Pauline dates. Me in the shade, the Lad, Phil, Honey, Sue and Pauline with Lion's Head in the distance.
Laddie tried to make friends with Honey, but she wasn't having any of his rather pushy overtures.
Instead of turning back as planned, the Food Lady said we should carry on as it was so pleasant, so we continued along the Pipe Track to this stone pumphouse which is over a hundred years old.
Phil couldn't resist climbing up onto it.
Then we turned round and started the long trudge back. At least I had my friend Honey for company (although sometimes I don't think she really likes me all that much but she doesn't say nasty things to me anymore so we are getting there).
A little Hibiscus aethiopicus growing in the hot stony path.
Some welcome shade as we came round the corner.
We passed the alien gums again,
and I thought I saw some movement among the flowers ... but maybe the heat was getting to me.
And eventually my kind human brother carried me back to the car
where we had a welcome drink out of our new fold-out drinking bowl from Maggie May and Kirby.
The PEST insisted on climbing over the back of the car - luckily the Alph wasn't there to shout at him to go back into the dog box!
But WHAT is this back at Phil and Kerryn's house?
A teeny tiny little lad called Harvey. He is a Botson Terrier and belongs to Phil and Kerryn - having arrived yesterday from PE in an aeroplane.
Lord preserve me! Not another pest. I'm outta here.
Laddie appropriated Harvey's mat and ate his rawhide chew.
There are lots of bottles of Bruichladdig in this house that refer to the PEST.
The boys had a nice game with Kerryn - the PEST looking like a great big rhino next to teeny weeny Harvey - who is quite feisty even though he looks like a deep thinking pup.
Phil and Kerryn had prepared a healthy, Tim Noakes approved lunch with chickens,
and cauli-mash and salad. Followed by fresh fruit salad and full cream yoghurt. Yummm.
Then some of the boys fell asleep,
It had been quite a hot and exciting day ...

2 comments:

  1. Oooooh, sunshine, flowers and food. I do envy you. Harvey is very sweet but his eyes look rather bulgy: were you scaring him?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me? Scare anyone? Never!

    ReplyDelete