19 January 2009

Lost on Maiden Peak




I am in the dogbox! And just because they were all going so slowly and I just ran on ahead to catch up with some delicious smells wafting on the wind. The humans thought they had lost me for good and were mighty cross when they eventually caught up with me. So it was on the lead for me for the rest of the walk - and if the Alpha Male has his way, for every other walk we ever do. (The photo shows us on Klein Tuinkop.)





Katta (a human not a cat thank heavens!) joined us today, as did Thea and Sue and Alice. We overshot Bertie's Balcony which was a shame because although I never met Bertie he was a mighty fine dog by all accounts. Anyway we trudged up Klein Tuinkop, me on the lead, and had tea and rusks (and the humans were scoffing the most delicious nougat, crunchies, fruit and biscotti) then cut down through some strange and forbidding rocks and joined the path back to cars. We saw a few dogs on this road but the Alpha Male was not in the mood to let me linger!


There were hundreds of these beautiful watsonias which are a bright orange form of the endemic Table Mountain Watsonia, Watsonia tabularis, (even I can see that the scientific name alludes to Table Mountain!) and also lots and lots of these pretty little blue flowers called Aristea africana, the flowers apparently only last for one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment