11 January 2017

Christmas craziness

The lead up to Christmas is always a bit unsettling - lots to do, and strange behaviour from the humans - like putting these antlers on us. Nothing depresses a Scottie more!
Harvey just pretended they were wings,
and I shook and shook until they fell off.
Even the Alph looks silly with them on.
I was partial to a treat to make up for the humiliation though.
"Just bring one of those silly things anywhere near me and your hand will be shredded."
Our English cousin, Jethro, was also made to look silly.
This is what he prefers to be - a foot rest.
Simon and So Yhoung also celebrated Christmas in South Korea.
Phil's idea of a good celebration.
Harvey spent quite a lot of time with us as his parents are at odds and very busy on overseas trips and work.
We had a few nice walks in the Green Belt,
and also on Fish Hoek beach.
And I had to have an operation on Christmas Eve to remove a nasty, infected grass seed from my paw.
This had unexpected advantages in that the Food Lady was sorry for me and allowed me to do things like lick the turkey carving board.
I spent the next few days trying to remove the bandage.
On Christmas Eve they all went to Rupert and Paddington's humans for food
and drink, 
and lots of Scottie-themed gifts.
We opened them all on Christmas Day back at home.
This was from Hugh who is back from his year in the Land of the Scots.
And this.
And this is from Alice and Maddie.
The Food Lady got a Bostie Bag from Olivia too - as she is now a Bostie granny.
Jane also gave us this duck that the Food Lady really liked - but I was not too sure about it ...
and was keeping an eye on it while trying to remove my bandage and wearing a silly Christmas bandana.
As my foot was now much better, we were back to the greenbelt for a Christmas walk. Tails up!
Thomas, the lord of Omie-Domes house - on Christmas morning.
And lots of interesting food on Boxing Day. Pleeese look down on me and spare me a morsel oh Alph.
A new friend came to Boxing Day - Scarlet Field.
Laddie spent the whole day begging humans to play volley ball with him. He had such fun.
But I preferred a bit of peace and quiet and time to digest the Christmas ham on my own in the back yard. Note the absence of the bandage!

No comments:

Post a Comment